Our multi award winning low energy system, with the popular shallow dig F-Line tank for easy and cost effective installation.
Why buy this system?
- High quality, one piece, shallow dig tank. No concrete required plus low installation depth minimises installation costs and supported by the manufacturers 25 year tank guarantee.
- Award Winning Rain Director® low energy management system uses 6-8 times less energy than a typical direct pumped system.
- Automatic mains override should the underground tank run dry.
- Prolonged pump life due to reduction in cycling.
- Silent operation.
- Self cleaning filter reduces maintenance to a minimum.
- High pressure, pumped rainwater for garden use.
- Fully WRAS approved #0912064
Our Verdict: We believe this is the best, most economical Rainwater Harvesting system money can buy, coupled with the best tank.
Half your water bill with running costs less than 1p per person per day.
How does it work?
The Rain Director® pumps through a control unit, up to a "smart header tank" usually situated in a loft space. Inside the header tank are two level sensors, upper and lower. The system fills the header tank to the upper sensor then does not use the pump again until virtually all of the water is used and the lower sensor is reached. This "batch filling" process means the pump cycles 1-2 times per day, in comparison to every time a toilet is flushed with traditional systems.
Coupled with the large reduction in energy and pump wear, the Rain Director® has numerous benefits in comparison to others on the market.
- Full mains override, providing water in every eventuality: Low rainwater, pump failure or powercut.
- Smart user functionality.
- Ensures water quality by cycling water in the header tank if no activity is registered within 72 hours.
- 3 stage, electronic and physical overflow prevention system.
- Cost effective and simple installation: push fit plumbing and image based installation guide.
- Stylish and discreet control panel.
- Fully WRAS approved. International Green Apple award winner, Waterwise approved, HBR Product innovation award winner.
Easy to install
Our F-line flat tank has become a customer favourite due to its simple and cost effective install. Up to 70% less excavation than an equivalent sized "deep dig" tank. Great for high water table areas or heavy clay when deep excavations cause unnecessary hassle and costs. All without the need for a costly concrete backfill.
Remember, these tanks are exceptionally strong: with an optional upgrade to vehicle loading shaft and steel lid for driveways etc.
At Rainwater Harvesting Ltd we provide a'' Complete Solution'' supplying everything specific to Rainwater Harvesting.* There are no hidden extras. We manufacture systems and pumps etc ourselves and hold everything in stock. Delivery is usually within 5 to 7 working days of ordering.
We provide a full time, fully trained technical help desk to answer any questions that the client, builders or plumbers may have before, during and after the install.
F-Line Tanks have a 25 year manufacturers warranty.
All other parts have a 2 year warranty.
(See "What's included" tab above)
|1500L Shallow dig tank
||One piece 1500L Shallow dig tank. Filtration system pre-assembled.
|Self cleaning filter
||MISC (Arrives pre-assembled)
||Self cleaning filter to prevent leaves etc from entering tank.
||MISC (Arrives pre-assembled.)
||Calmed inlet “boot” lets the water enter to the base of the tank. Preventing fine silt being disturbed and affecting water quality.
||MISC (Arrives pre-assembled.)
||Acts as odour trap and rodent guard between the tank and the overflow.
|F-Line Walk on lid
||Removable lid suitable for pedestrian loading. Vehicle loading lid also available
|250mm Extension Shaft
||Water tight insert for lid to be inserted. Larger shaft available if tank must be situated deeper. Please ring for further details.
|Rain Director Control unit
||Control unit for RainDirector system. Similar size to an A4 binding folder. 370Lx270Hx90Dmm
|Rain Director smart header tank
||Smart header tank for RainDirector system. All internal components pre fitted. Lid included. 665Lx490Wx500H mm
|Hydroforce pressure sensitive pump
||Submersible pump for use within underground tank.
||4 easy to understand installation guides.
- Quick start guide
- RainDirector comprehensive install guide
- F-Line tank install guide
- Hydroforce pump install guide.
||Rainwater label pack for interior pipework. (As required by water boards to prevent accidental consumption of Rainwater for potable uses.)
|25m/25mm Rainwater Harvesting pipe
25 m of 25mm Rainwater Harvesting pipe for external use between the submersible pump and home.
Black with 4 green stripes, as required by water boards.
Larger bore and longer lengths are available, please call for more details.
|25mm Pre cut straight pipe.
||Pre cut straight length of pipe for easy connection between pump and services pipe.
||Delivery to UK mainland (highlands and islands excluded.)
At Rainwater Harvesting Ltd we strive to provide everything needed for a cost effective and simple installation. We do not however supply any internal or external pipework (with the exception of the Black & Green pipe).
- Interior pipe work: We recommend John Guest speedfit plastic pipe work. Copper can also be used if required. All connections to management systems are standard domestic pushfit plumbing.
- Exterior ducting: Standard 4" plastic drainage pipe to divert the water underground from your downpipes into the tank.
- Run the electrics from the house to the underground tank, Invest in a waterproof connection box ( not supplied) and mount in the shaft of the tank. This means the pump can be simply unplugged without cutting cables.
600 mm Spacer Ring (for deeper installations and can be cut down to size)
Steel lid and upgraded 635 mm shaft for vehicle loading
Call 01733 405 111 for details
||Height tank body
||Height incl. Entrance shaft
||Height pump basin
* The useable volume can deviate according to connection variation approx. 10% from the nominal volume
** Top edge shaft extension including lid to invert level
Guide to tank sizes?
||Small House, 3-4 bedrooms
||Large Family home 3-5 bedroom
||Regular, use with irrigation systems sprinklers, etc
||Large Family home 3-5 beds + regular garden irrigation
|15,000L (Twin 7500L tanks)
||Large Family or Commercial
||Commercial use/Domestic use with large water requirements, eg stables
||Large Family home 3-5 bedrooms plus stables.
*Use our tank size calculator for a better estimation. (Dependant on Roofsize, geographical area, Occupancy and use.)