Graf Carat tank 3750 litre Complete rainwater harvesting System 3 automated for domestic use with an Aquaprof Rain Manager. Graf Carat Tank 3750 litres rainwater harvesting system for garden and domestic use. Supplied with an Aquaprof Rain Water Manager and the components needed to set up in a typical location for use as a domestic or garden system.
The images above show some components of the Carat System. For further images that give the scale of the product and show some of the fittings please click here.
Why buy this system?
- Automated rainwater harvesting system for Home and Garden Use
- Feeds garden tap, toilet cystern(s) and washing machines
- Automated mains water back-up in case of long drought
- Prefiltered rainwater delivered to the underground tank
- Pressure sensitive pump only works when tap opened
- Lifting kit not necessary - can be man-handled onto the site
- Exceptionally strong but light two piece Duralen moulding
- Time tested and backed by a 15 year manufacturer warranty
- Tank construction allows for manoeuvre into less accessible locations -even though doorways
- Components precision made and matched for fast assembly
Features of the automated system.
- quiet running pump mounted indoors
- reliable proven products
- simple and fast installation
- high performance and quality
Fully automatic quiet running rain water controller with multi-stage pump and in-built, automatic switching to mains water feed. The microprocessor controller constantly monitors the rain water use. The Aquaprof supplies rain water from the storage tank to all points of use, including toilets, washing machines and garden watering.
When there is insufficient rain water the Aquaprof switches to the mains water supply until there is a sufficient level of rainwater. Multi-stage centrifugal pump with control provides a quiet and reliable water supply. The quality of the self-priming pump ensures a smooth start up.
The Controller switches the pump on and off with demand, has in-built dry run protection and includes a small expansion tank. Mains water feed is in accordance with the EN 1717 backflow prevention standard, and so meets UK requirements in full.
The mains water in the in-built reservoir is periodically changed to prevent stagnation. An audible alarm sounds if a leakage is detected. There is a ready to fit connection point for a remote booster pump if water is to be pumped water over very large distances; this is also fully controlled by the Aquaprof unit.
External HDPE Rainwater Pipe included. It is important to identify a source of a water supply. Untreated rainwater is not for human consumption and so water companies are recommending (and in some cases requiring) that Black and Green HDPE pipe is used for piping rainwater from the tank to the point of use - eg. garden tap. The point of use should be clearly labelled to show that rain water is the source. We include 25mm black and green hdpe pipe and labels with this kit with the option to buy further rolls of pipe.
For more information about the Aquaprof Rain Manager download brochure
What comes with this kit?
|Components list for Graf Carat tank 3750 litre DUK3|
|Product Code||Product Description|
|GF-372002||Graf Carat tank, underground 3750 litre |
|GF-371001||Carat dome (turret)|
|GF-371010 ||Carat lid, telescopic, made of PE (green)|
|GF-330192||Calmed inlet (into base of tank)|
|3P-4000600||Floating pump intake (base of tank)|
|GF-330108||Overflow siphon (high water level outlet, fits filter)|
|GF-371033||Carat 3750 accessory pack including tank sealing kit|
|GF-375021||Carat tank dome sealing kit|
|GF-340037||Graf Optimax Pro Filter|
|DAB503150200||Aquaprof Rain Management System|
|RWH-HDPE25/25||Rainwater pipe HDPE 25mm diameter 25 metre coil|
|Delivery||Haulage, UK mainland included (Highlands & Islands on request)|
|GF-372002-DUK3||Complete Underground kit for domestic use|
Graf Carat tank 3750 litre, Complete System 3 underground KIT includes a 3750 litre underground tank, Optimax Pro filter, Aquaprof Rain Manager and the accessories needed to enable you to capture rainwater, filter it and store it at steady temperature ready for use in the home - e.g the flush a toilet - or in the garden to irrigate, power wash, top up water features etc. Some standard external pipework and connectors will be needed but are not included in the kit as the location of the system will determine the amount of pipework required.
Graf Optimax Pro filter included as standard
In response to customer demand, we have included the Graf’s Optimax Pro filter which fits neatly inside the turret of the Carat tank. With its integrated overflow siphon and inlet calming device, we no longer need to cut holes in the turret other than those provided by Graf in the moulding.
The Optimax Pro Filter is self cleaning - water arriving across the filter mesh pushes excess debris and leaves to the overflow. The optional extra hose connector permits you to connect a hose and wash it through more thoroughly from time to time.
If you are referring to the Graf catalogue or brochure, this kit from RainWater Harvesting is the equivalent to the Graf Eco Plus Package; our kit includes items 1) the Tank 2) the dome or “turret” and 3) Filter package 3. In place of the Graf pump package we provide the high quality, popular and more reliable Enviro 1100 watt submersible pump, and a floating inlet to take the cleanest water first.
In the kit version, collated for you by RainWaterHarvesting.co.uk, you get the tank, the Optimax filter pack and the accessories listed below.
Upgrade this kit - If household water use is a priority you may want to consider a Rain Director driven system instead. There's more information on this rainwater management control system here.
1) Bit more leeway on the tank depth: Opt for a Maxi sleeve giving an extra 100mm of adjustment (see above) Product ID: GF-371011
2) Support car traffic: (but not trucks and HGVs) when fitted with the optional dome and cast iron lid. Contractors often ask us the dimensions of the turret. The Vehicle loading lid can be found here Product ID: GF-371020
- Height variable between 750-1050 mm.
- Maximum tilt 5%.
- Cast iron cover.
- Child safety lock.
- Dark Grey.
3) Deeper holes: You can compensate for a deep hole with a tank turret sleeve extension Product ID: GF-371003 which extends the height of the pedestrian dome shaft by 305mm
4) This Aquaprof Basic rain manager does not have level gauge. If you would like to know the level of the water in your storage tank please ask for the Aquaprof Top which is available to order at £150+VAT extra. Please phone 0800 074 7234
More Research?Manufacturing expertise
The Graf Carat tank is the largest tank of its kind in the world to be manufactured by injection compression moulding. This technique provides the tank with unbeatable stability and ensures that each component is produced with the highest accuracy. Graf have invested €20m in their factory near Freiburg for the Carat range, introduced in early 2007.
Shipping, assembly and installationDesigned for underground mounting (German manufactured, TÜV safety-tested) Patented quick connection (no screws required for mounting) Permanently watertight: durably sealed thanks to solid profile sealingEasy transport thanks to low weight and practicable size Durably sealed thanks to solid profile sealing See table for dimensions and weight
Like the Graf Hercules, the Carat comes in two halves so you can carry it through a doorway as narrow as 80cms (and so we can stack many of them on one pallet for bulk transport). A centering bolt in the flange makes assembly accurate and the knock-on quick connections and patented seal ensure there are no leaks between the two sections... and yet you can disassemble it if you like. The material used is a PE variant called Duralen.
|Compare the Carat S Tank sizes|
|Tank||2700 Litres||3750 Litres||4800 Litres||6500 Litres|
|Product Code||370001 ||370002||370003 ||370004|
|Weight||120 kg||150 kg||185 kg||220 kg|
|Half Height ie before assembly (for access)||700mm||790mm||910mm||1050mm|
|Go to other tank sizes||Go to a 2700L system ||You are here ||Go to a 4800L system||Go to a 6500L system|
Connections for underground installation: we supply the tank as in the Graf Eco Plus package, with recesses where holes for piping need to be cut.
- Like a bigger tank with the same fittings? Try here
- Download a technical drawing of the Carat 3750 litre tank by clicking here
- A detailed catalogue on the Carat tank range can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Watch video on assembly of Carat tank by clicking here
- Download a Carat tank installation guide by clicking here
- Otto Graf in Germany have a wealth of technical data and application illustrations on their website, including downloads and videos. To visit the Graf website please click here>