Graf Carat tank 3750 litre underground rainwater harvesting system kit. The trusted Carat from Graf, supplied complete as a kit for use as a domestic household or garden rain water harvesting system. This complete system Features auto-mains back-up.
The graphic image above shows the main components of the Carat DUK2 System and a typical layout for a simple domestic and garden application. The item marked with a * is the Rain Backup in a Box®. This 12v automated valve will trickle mains water into the tank when it is very low due to sustained drought to allow the connected domestic appliances (e.g. toilet) to work. Read more about this control system here
For further images that give the scale of the product and show some of the fittings please click here.
External HDPE Rainwater Pipe included. It is important to identify a source of a water supply. Untreated rainwater is not for human consumption and so water companies are recommending (and in some cases requiring) that Black and Green HDPE pipe is used for piping rainwater from the tank to the point of use - eg. garden tap. The point of use should be clearly labelled to show that rain water is the source. We include 25mm black and green hdpe pipe and labels with this kit with the option to buy further rolls of pipe.
Why buy this system?
- Home and Garden Use
- Feeds garden tap and toilet cystern(s)
- Automated mains water back-up in case of long drought
- Prefiltered rainwater delivered to the underground tank
- Quiet (pump submerged)
- Pressure sensitive pump only works when tap opened
- Lifting kit not necessary - can be man-handled onto the site
- Exceptionally strong but light two piece Duralen moulding
- Time tested and backed by a 15 year manufacturer warranty
- Tank construction allows for manoeuvre into less accessible locations -even though doorways
- Components precision made and matched for fast assembly
What comes with this kit?
|Components list for Graf Carat tank 3750 litre DUK2
||Graf Carat tank, undergound 3750 litre
||Carat dome (turret)
||Carat lid, telescopic, made of PE (green)
||Calmed inlet (into base of tank)
||Overflow siphon (high water level outlet, fits filter)
||Carat 3750 accessory pack including tank sealing kit
||Carat tank dome sealing kit
||Graf Optimax Pro Filter
||Series 3 Submersible pump and inline filter from Hydroforce Pumps Ltd
||Rainwater pipe HDPE 25mm diameter 25 metre coil
||Rain Back Up in a Box
||Haulage, UK mainland included (Highlands & islands on request)
||Complete Underground kit for domestic use
Graf Carat tank 3750 litre, Complete System 2 underground KIT includes a 3750 litre underground tank, Optimax Pro filter, Enviro pump and the accessories needed to enable you to capture rainwater, filter it and store it at steady temperature ready for use in the home - e.g the flush a toilet - or in the garden to irrigate, power wash, top up water features etc. Some standard external pipework and connectors will be needed but are not included in the kit as the location of the system will determine the amount of pipework required.
Graf Optimax Pro filter included as standard
In response to customer demand, we have included the Graf’s Optimax Pro filter which fits neatly inside the turret of the Carat tank. With its integrated overflow siphon and inlet calming device, we no longer need to cut holes in the turret other than those provided by Graf in the moulding.
The Optimax Pro Filter is self cleaning - water arriving across the filter mesh pushes excess debris and leaves to the overflow. The optional extra hose connector permits you to connect a hose and wash it through more thoroughly from time to time.
If you are referring to the Graf catalogue or brochure, this kit from RainWater Harvesting is the equivalent to the Graf Eco Plus Package; our kit includes items 1) the Tank 2) the dome or “turret” and 3) Filter package 3. In place of the Graf pump package we provide the high quality, popular and more reliable Series 3 submersible pump, and a inline filter to take the cleanest water first.
In the kit version, collated for you by RainWaterHarvesting.co.uk, you get the tank, the Optimax filter pack and the accessories listed below.
Upgrade this kit - If household water use is a priority you may want to consider a Rain Director driven system instead. There's more information on this rainwater management control system here.
1) Bit more leeway on the tank depth: Opt for a Maxi sleeve giving an extra 100mm of adjustment (see above) Product ID: GF-371011
2) Support car traffic: (but not trucks and HGVs) when fitted with the optional dome and cast iron lid. Contractors often ask us the dimensions of the turret. The Vehicle loading lid can be found here Product ID: GF-371020
- Height variable between 750-1050 mm.
- Maximum tilt 5%.
- Cast iron cover.
- Child safety lock.
- Dark Grey.
3) Deeper holes: You can compensate for a deep hole with a tank turret sleeve extension Product ID: GF-371003 which extends the height of the pedestrian dome shaft by 305mm
The Graf Carat tank is the largest tank of its kind in the world to be manufactured by injection compression moulding. This technique provides the tank with unbeatable stability and ensures that each component is produced with the highest accuracy. Graf have invested €20m in their factory near Freiburg for the Carat range, introduced in early 2007.
Shipping, assembly and installation
Like the Graf Hercules, the Carat comes in two halves so you can carry it through a doorway as narrow as 80cms (and so we can stack many of them on one pallet for bulk transport). A centering bolt in the flange makes assembly accurate and the knock-on quick connections and patented seal ensure there are no leaks between the two sections... and yet you can disassemble it if you like. The material used is a PE variant called Duralen.
- Designed for underground mounting
- (German manufactured, TÜV safety-tested)
- Patented quick connection (no screws required for mounting)
- Permanently watertight: durably sealed thanks to solid profile sealing
- Easy transport thanks to low weight and practicable size
- Durably sealed thanks to solid profile sealing
- See table for dimensions and weight
|Compare the Carat S Tank sizes
|Half Height ie before assembly (for access)
|Go to other tank sizes
||Go to a 2700L system
||You are here
||Go to a 4800L system
||Go to a 6500L system
Connections for underground installation: we supply the tank as in the Graf Eco Plus package, with recesses where holes for piping need to be cut.