Water Technology List, ECA - Information
For end users.
For non commercial customers, unfortunately there currently are no government backed tax incentives.
If your system is part of a new build or certain conversions you should be able to reclaim VAT paid on building products. For more information regarding reclaiming your VAT please see http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/sectors/consumers/new-home.htm
For business users.
Rainwater Harvesting Ltd is proud to announce that an increasing number of our systems and kit components are listed as approved for the Enhanced Capital allowance (ECA) scheme.
The Water Technology List (WTL) provides information on products that meet eligibility criteria in water efficiency. Investing in any product on the WTL not only offers savings on water bills but also a tax incentive to all UK businesses that pay corporation or income tax. The Government's Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) scheme allows businesses to write off 100% of the cost of equipment against tax in the year of purchase. This can deliver a helpful cash flow boost and a shortened payback period on investment.
There are currently 14 technology categories:
- cleaning in place equipment
- efficient showers
- efficient taps
- efficient toilets
- efficient washing machines
- flow controllers
- leakage detection equipment
- meters and monitoring equipment
- rainwater harvesting equipment
- small scale slurry and sludge dewatering equipment
- vehicle wash water reclaim units
- water management equipment for mechanical seals
- water efficient industrial cleaning equipment
- water reuse systems
Here is some more information about the scheme extracted from the HMRC website ECA section.
The Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) scheme offers a 100 per cent first-year allowance for investments in certain water efficient plant and machinery. It lets businesses write off 100 per cent of the cost of qualifying plant and machinery against taxable profits in the year of purchase. This can bring significant financial savings and reduce your business' impact on the environment.
HMCR ECA Facts
- What is the Enhanced Capital Allowance water scheme?
- Technologies covered by the ECA water scheme
- Water reuse systems
Here are some links provided by Business Link about rainwater harvesting
- Use a systematic approach to reduce water use
- Review your water use
- Setting up a water reduction plan
- Choose water saving measures
- Water meters, leaks and overflows
- Reduce water use from heating and hot water systems
- Reduce water use from cooling systems
- Reduce mains water use by rainwater harvesting
- Here's how our business benefited from a water reduction programme
- Here's how we managed and reduced water use within our business
To find out more about purchasing products and technologies qualifying for ECA,
visit our listing at ECA here.
See also Sustainable Development in Government Rainwater Harvesting