£1,994.00 – £5,993.00 Ex VAT
Rain Activ storm attenuation system manufactured by Rainwater Harvesting Ltd controls the rate of storm water discharge from site. Rain Activ provides a cost effective option to developments where a soakaway is not appropriate but planning authorities have stipulated a maximum discharge rate. Full specification service and planning authority recognised Micro Drainage™ calculations are supplied with each system.
We provide calculations as this is a bespoke system.
Please call us on 01733 405 104
Trade and Self Build discounts available. Call 01733 405111 Option 1
Rain Activ is an exciting opportunity, both to large developers and self builders alike. The system has succeeded in reducing SuDS costs during planning, purchase and installation.
The tanks come in a range of sizes from 1,500 litres to 15,000 litres.
As well as simply reducing costs, Rain Activ far outperforms its competitors in numerous key areas:
* Industry leading, ultra low storm water discharge rates.
* Professional calibration.
* Arrives to site fully assembled and ready to install.
* No moving or consumable parts, fully self-cleaning.
* Discharge rate calibrated from 0.05 litres per second.
* Add rainwater harvesting for a very small extra cost.
Rain Activ utilises a simple to install, pre-assembled, shallow dig rainwater storage tank, along with a self cleaning filter and a controlled discharge valve. Rainwater from the roof is heavily filtered as it enters the tank, removing any particles larger than 1mm. Once the rainwater reaches a set point within the tank it is discharged at a controlled rate. Due to the quality of filtration involved, a very small orifice can be used without the risk of blockage. For this reason, Rain Activ can provide industry-leading rates of discharge as low as 0.05 litres per second.
Every system sold is bespoke, and calibrated to each site’s requirements. Our engineers use Micro Drainage™ hydraulic modelling software to ensure the system discharges at the desired peak rate during a storm event. As the system already contains various key components, such as the tank and high quality filtration, the addition of a submersible pump and management system turns the system into a full domestic rainwater harvesting system.
Rain Activ delivers new industry low levels of storm water discharge. The systems can be calibrated to provide a calculated discharge value as low as 0.05 litres per second dependant on site requirement. With discharge levels this low, Rain Activ provides a solution for sites that have previously found meeting storm attenuation criteria difficult or impossible. These include:
* Smaller developments (1-10 homes) where the rate of storm water is not great enough for effective use of vortex flow control.
* Greenfield sites.
* Sites with very low discharge rates stipulated by planning.
* Contaminated sites.
Rain Activ produces a much flatter discharge curve than other storm attenuation systems. This means the system can help reduce stress on the drainage network over a greater range of storm, rather than being calibrated to one specific event.
Our design team calibrates every Rain Activ bespoke to site requirement; both the peak discharge rate and volume of attenuation. Our extensive hydraulic modelling, lab testing and field testing provides academically supported data in order to calibrate the system correctly.
1) Sqm of collectable roof area.
2) Geographical location (post code).
3) Confirmation that all other areas are permeable ( it is much better if hard standing areas were permeable ).
4) Is the underground tank likely to be in an area where vehicles will drive over it.
5) Storm event required ( normally 1:100 if unknown we will use this ).
6) Climate change factor ( normally 40% if unknown we will use this ).
7) Permitted discharge rate ( if known ).
Using the data provided above, our experts use Micro Drainage™ hydraulic modelling software to test the system and provide documentation ready for immediate submission to planning authorities.
Please call our sales team with the information above to allow us to specify the correct system on 01733 405 111.
1. Our Rainwater Harvesting Systems are based on the highest quality, rotationally moulded, one piece tanks, installed without the need for concrete, thereby minimising installation costs and supported by the manufacturers 25 year guarantee.
2. Minimum installation depth
3. Easy and quick to install
4. Small excavation pit and little earth excavation preserves your garden
5. Ideal for installation in new or exisiting properties
6. Can be installed in ground water up to the shoulder of the tank body
7. Market leaders in the Rainwater Harvesting Domestic Market
The F-line flat tank can be installed into much higher water tables than a standard round tank. If you don’t know what your water table will be like in the winter, you’re safer to install a flat tank.
The F-Line tanks are flat and the installation depth is 60% less than other rainwater tanks. The excavation can be up to 70% less, meaning little earth excavation, easy handling and less cost for you!
The small excavation pit is easily filled in and your garden will look just like it did before.
Using your digger to lower the tank into the hole is incredibly easy because of the square / rectangular hole. The 1500 litre shallow dig tank has even been known on several occasions to be located in the hole by two people with no lifting equipment.
If you have also included the factory fitted filter, calmed inlet and overflow siphon you simply have to connect your inbound and outbound pipes to the 4″ locator pipes protruding from the tank and away you go!
Tank Dimensions - Rain Activ
*Overall height allows for 100mm compacted aggregate
**Using a VS60 (635mm Shaft)
The overall height difference above is because up to 400mm can be cut off the 635mm shaft on site so as to achieve your exact invert level.
DELIVERY OF RAINWATER HARVESTING SYSTEMS
We try where possible to deliver using our own vehicle but in the event of either too greater distance or a booked calendar we may have to deliver using a third party haulier. The delivery is kerbside and the offloading is the responsibility of the customer. We suggest to organise the delivery to arrive whilst you have the digger on site to assist with offload. Our shallow dig tanks can be lifted off the vehicles by hand providing there are enough bodies on site.
The systems are held in stock at our Peterborough warehouse and we normally operate on a 7-10 delivery from receipt of order.
If you have any problems to accept kerbside deliveries or access issues please contact a member of our team on 01733 405111.